Well I was just nominated twice for a Liebster award!
The first thing I though of when I heard ‘Liebster award’ was seafood. Liebster-lobster…. I was confused. I have since learned that The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize other up-and-coming blogger with less than 200 followers. Sort of a chain letter, just for fun type deal. (By the way, ‘liebster’ is a German word meaning ‘dearest’).
However, there are rules attached to the Liebster Award:
- Link back to the nominating blog (Lydia and Kim)
- Answer the questions posed by the nominator. (There’s generally 11…. But I got nominated twice, so I get 22!!)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself (I’m just gonna stick with 11.. 22 is just too much!)
- Nominate 5 – 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers on any social media site. (I just went with 5)
- Create 11 questions to be answered by the new nominees.
- Contact the nominees to let them know their work is appreciated and that they have been nominated.
Here’s all 22 answers to all the questions I was asked!
- Do you cross the street at designated cross walks, or jaywalk? When I’m alone I jaywalk, when I’m with safety first fiance, we use the crosswalk =)
- Pinterest, or Facebook? Tough! Probably Pinterest.
- What character on The Big Bang Theory is your inner-geek? Sheldon. I love Sheldon.
- What is your preferred method for cooking bacon? In the oven. SO much faster!!
- Wearing white after Labor Day…..yes or no? Of course I do. I’m a rebel!
- Would you rather be a passenger or a driver? Passenger.
- All time favorite movie snacks? Popcorn =)
- Favorite season? Fall. Its so pretty and not too hot or cold!
- Have you ever grown your own food? I am right now! Getting closer to being able to pick some of it.
- Swedish Fish, or Gummy Bears? Before I stopped eating candy it was definitely Swedish fish!
- Do you have a funny voice that you use while talking to your kids/pets/loved ones? If so, describe. Yes. I talk to my daughter like someone who inhaled helium.
- What did you have for lunch today? Its not lunch time yet! But yesterday I had roasted jalapeno burgers, watermelon, homemade salsa and cantaloupe, yay picnics!
- Do you watch/read Game of Thrones? Who’s your favorite character? Nope! No cable =P
- Favorite adult beverage? I’m only 19 =( But I think fruity drinks look really pretty!
- What special skills do you have that would enable you to survive the zombie apocalypse? I’m a pretty good shot with a rifle.
- What’s your favorite flower? Probably daisies, but anything hot pink is good =)
- Would you/have you tried online dating? Kind of… Lets not go there….
- Explain to the old folks what “crunchy” means in today’s vernacular? It basically means your a tree hugging hippie. Urban Dictionary has a pretty good description (for once)-
Crunchy- Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc.
- How many blog parties do you participate in? All of the real food, natural living, Eco-friendly, DIY ones I can find!
- Android or iPhone? Android. Hands down. iPhones are evil.
- What’s the name of the last movie to make you cry? I cry at every movie. I cry at Lion King every time. And I know what happens. I think the last movie that made me cry was a gangster movie my fiance was watching because there was a sad baby in it.
- How many items are in your purse right now? Probably a million. Cloth diapers, diaper covers, sunglasses, money (not very much), cards, trash, dirty diapers, wipes, baby toys, binkys, teethers, keys….
11 random things about myself-
1- I never clip my daughter’s finger nails, I bite them off because I’m scared to cut her fingers. 2- I love sappy TV dramas. 3- I’m deathly afraid of bugs. Especially if they fly. 4- I love spiders. 5- I want to live in a small cabin by a river in the woods when we buy a house. 6- I despise being pregnant with every fiber of my being. But I love babies and want 4 kids. 7- I have 10 nieces and 2 nephews. 8- I don’t like, trust, or believe most things doctor’s have to say. 9- I hate heat. HATE IT! I like cool. 10- I love bubble baths. 11- I’ve always wanted a different nationality. I don’t like being pasty white with a heritage I know nothing about.
My Liebster Award Nominees-
Your questions are-
1. What’s your all time favorite food?
2. If you could live anywhere on earth where would it be?
3. What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment?
4. What’s your dream home look like?
5. Smart phone or dumb phone?
6. What was your favorite toy as a child?
7. Do you like being outdoors? Why or why not?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. Are you working at your dream job right now? And if you aren’t what is your dream job?
10. What was your most embarrassing moment that your willing to post on your blog?
11. What’s your top pet peeve?
Thanks again Kim and Lydia!
Can’t wait to read everyone’s posts!!
~Courtney, The Crunchy Delinquent